Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Curse the Plateau

There’s nothing on the top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds….
So this week I have watched my food intake, gotten up every day and hopped on the treadmill, and then gingerly approached the scale.  Monday morning I stepped on, not a single pound lost.  That’s ok; I told myself surely I will be less tomorrow.  Tuesday came and still no weight loss.  Wednesday and Thursday came and still NOTHING lost.  This is usually where I throw in the towel and have a donut.  But I kept with it.  Friday morning I got up and much to my surprise, two pounds!  Woo Hoo!  Then Sunday another pound dropped.  So I curse the plateau and I refuse to ever allow it to affect me again.  No donuts for this fat girl, just exercise and awesomeness.  I know there will be weight loss if I just stick with it. 
So here we go kids, to the fun part.  I have lost 11 pounds.  How much is that you may ask.  Well, let us do a comparison……
Mr. Tom Knox was super proud of this Rosie which weighed in at ELEVEN POUNDS!

This poor football trapped in a bowling ball’s body has some real issues.  While it figures these things out we will weigh it to find out it is ELEVEN POUNDS!!!

Mr. Fluffy Whisker Mittens is a spry and crazed looking ELEVEN POUNDS!!!

These nice young girls went to Paris and got to put their hands all over big jars of glorious Nutella.  Oh, and those precious jars weigh ELEVEN POUNDS!!!

Here is a double example.  Wee little baby and delicious looking turkey both weigh ELEVEN POUNDS!  Please be sure to eat the correct one.

This pink elephant is super smart.  Well perhaps not seeing that he is only a statue and oddly pink.  But.  Elephants never forget and that is probably because their brains weigh in at ELEVEN POUNDS!!!!

Well thanks for sticking with me readers, you are the bomb diggity, the wind beneath my wings, the jam to my peanut butter, the, well you get it.  You are what makes this journey so much fun, you dear readers insert the awesome.  Thank you. 

5 comments:

  1. awesome! and fab fun examples of 11 lbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 11 pounds! That's AWESOME!! And that baby looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is amazing

    Using the examples you did really helped put things in perspective as to how much the weight loss actually looks like. We did something similar in my health promotion classes I was taking at Washburn. It was an eye opener for sure. We also did one of those compare how much fat and sugar were in the foods we eat. I will give you a tip from that experience. DQ soft serve is the healthiest out there.

    Keep up the great work YOU CAN DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! Glad you enjoyed the examples. I plan to continue that fun as I go. And WOO HOO FOR THE DQ TIP! Thanks

      Delete